With Autumn in the air, it's time to get out the crockpot and enjoy some delicious hot meals that will be ready when your family walks in the door. This recipe is courtesy of my step-daughter, who gave it to me when she was 16 years old (I think she got it from her ex-b/f's mom). She's now 24, and I've been making this regularly for the past 8 years. It's always a hit, and SUPER easy!
- 1 lb ground beef , chicken, or turkey - browned & drained
- 1 large can light kidney beans (I use the big cans of Hanover brand)
- 1 large bottle of salsa (the bigger the bottle, the better - I usually use 2 because I can't find any huge bottles)
- 1 family-size can Campbell's tomato soup
- 1 can Rotel tomato/chilis
You can also sneak some extra veggies in this by grating zucchini, carrots, etc. The kids will never know. ;)
Dump it all in the crockpot and cook on low until warm. Serve with tortillas, cornbread, topped with cheese - however your family likes their chili!
Check out more great crockpot recipes here!