Friday, June 12, 2009

Frugal Friday

Well, this is really a Trash-to-Treasure post, but I did save $$ by doing this myself instead of buying new so... I had been wanting a bread box for the longest time, and had been looking at stores for them. Of course being the tightwad that I am, I hadn't bought one. Lucky for me that I happened upon one at the thrift store for $6.00!

Here are the before & afters... I'm pretty proud of myself, and this looks great in my kitchen! I might do the trim in a different color at some point, but right now I don't trust my painting abilities not to mess it up.


I'm pretty sure I owned this exact style in the late 80's...
maybe mine had geese on it, though.
(Admit it, you were into the geese too!)



And after a $1.12 can of spray paint:

3 comments:

Tami said...

Love the new color of your bread box!

Michelle said...

oh i love it! i'm still working on mine..... i painted it white but really don't like it and am trying to find another color for it.

Mary "moontwins" from wuc.com said...

I love that. That is cool. I have been looking for one too at garage sales. Spray painting it is a great idea. ---moontwins---wuc.com